null

Cal-Mag Complete

$29.75
(No reviews yet) Write a Review
SKU:
CMC

Providing the body with important minerals helps to regulate a variety of biological tasks, yet most supplements can overwhelm absorption pathways. Unlike most mineral supplements, Cal-Mag Complete offers a combination of the most bioavailable form of calcium and magnesium for increased absorption. Key minerals in promoting cardiovascular health and cellular energy production.

  • Includes three bioavailable forms of calcium and magnesium

  • Promotes cardiovascular health

  • Provides important minerals

  • Promotes energy production and muscle relaxation

The Science

The minerals found in Cal-Mag Complete all play an important role in the body, from building strong bones and teeth to supporting muscle function. As it can be hard to obtain and absorb these key minerals through diet alone, supplementation can be a great way to boost your body's performance. Functional Medicine focuses on bioavailable chelated forms, which increase absorption and utilization of these minerals. Common signs of inferior quality supplements include the use of cheap, poorly absorbed, rock-salt minerals including carbonate or oxide forms.

While most mineral supplements use only a single-source of minerals which can easily overwhelm a single pathway of absorption and limit the uptake of high dose calcium-magnesium regimens, Cal-Mag Complete leverages the benefit of multiple pathways of absorption by using three different mineral forms.

Inferior forms of mineral supplements slow and limit absorption, relying on adequate levels of stomach acid to release calcium ions which then enter the body via passive diffusion. The slow uptake means they tend to stay in the intestines longer and can lead to gut distress including diarrhea or constipation. Cal-Mag Complete uses highly-absorbable mineral chelates. This beneficial form includes important amino acids bound to the minerals that ensure optimal absorption.

Calcium is required for heart health, muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling, and hormonal synthesis. 99% of the body's calcium is stored in bones and teeth, leaving 1% for other functions. Calcium requires cofactor phosphorous to maintain bone health. Phosphorous is added to this mineral formulation to ensure bone integrity. Magnesium is a cofactor in over 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure support. Magnesium also plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.

Suggested Use:

Take 2 capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.